Saturday, May 26, 2012

Silence

Why is it that inspiration in life can sometimes be fleeting?  One day I feel energized and ready to take on the world, the next day I want to sit on the couch in my pajamas and watch crappy T.V. and sleep.

Today has been nice.  Tim took the older boys for the day while I had Luke.  I had a nice time celebrating my friend and getting her ready to welcome her first baby.  Then we came home, played a little, and Luke went to bed at 7pm.  This leaves the rest of the night for me to enjoy by myself.  Reflect. Pray. Become Inspired!  This is why it is so important for ALL parents to have time away for ourselves. It can't always be a weekend but it CAN be a few hours.  I like being around friends.  I have a tendency to fill up all my time with something or someone.  I find it hard to just sit by myself.  Tonight I realized that is what I needed to do.



Sometimes when we sit down and shut out the noise we are at our most productive.  We can hear God.  His words confirming, comforting, inspiring.

No comments: