Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm a runner!

Yes I know I have tons of things I could be posting. I know I still need to post Ryan's picture people pictures. I know I need to post about our "vacation" to Palm Desert. I am posting about my workout instead right now.

This has been a good week.

Monday- I did triceps and biceps and about 20 min on the treadmill, about 15 of that running combined with some walking

Tuesday- I ran 15 min. straight on the treadmill. Little legs mixed in doing squats and calves. (Kylie and I could figure out how to work the bench to do more)

Wednesday- No weights. 21 min. jog on the treadmill (about 1 1/2 miles) Tried to do lunges but my legs were still sore from squats the day before, I only make it through 1 set.

Thursday- weights in the morning. We did back and chest. Wow did it kick my butt. I may have cheated a little and did a set on 8 instead of 12. Sorry!

Friday- woke up sore from Thursdays weights. After pool time in Palm Desert I was able to sneak away for a 20 min run. I didn't feel so great about this workout so I did some arms and chest after my run to make we sweat a little more.

Saturday (today)- Great run. Ran 2.18 miles and a 5 minute cool down for a total of 30 min and 2.48 miles. (all running is done at a incline of 2). Then I did a back exercise that was a struggle for me (trying to get myself to lifting heavier weights). By this time I ran out of time and have to leave. Tim and I got to workout together today =).

So, there is my workout week. I am down about 5 pounds from when I started lifting about 3 weeks ago. I guess I need to start watching my diet better! I hope you are inspired. I told you I could never do this and I am doing it. I even find myself wanting to go for a workout and even a run during my day.

I feel good!

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's great Mego. I am sooo proud of you. I am a big advocate of exercise......I hate it, but I know it has to be done. I'm glad that you can see it is making you feel more energized too! Keep it up, because right now it is new and fun, but believe me, there will come a time when you just don't want to do it anymore, that is when we will see what you are really made of!!! You need to do this for the rest of your life. Now, start eating healthier and you will have it made. I won't recognize you the next time I see you, which by the way will be July 27th. Hope you, Tim, and Ryan, can join us somewhere for dinner that night....Islands, Phillipi's, Mexican food.....somewhere.

Love ya.....love, hugs, and kisses to my totally awesome nephew, Ryan!!