Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's here!



Happy first day of summer!

It also happens to be the longest day of the year. I’m a little mixed about my feelings on that. Although I love the long summer nights when Tim comes home and there is still enough light we can do fun activities, trying to put the kids to sleep when it is still light out is impossible.

Yesterday started the first weekday with weather that made you want to turn off the T.V and go outside to play. Well at least for me, the kids seem to ALWAYS want to play on the computer or ipad. Not yesterday though, they got kicked out of the living room and could only play in the playroom and backyard.

A former coworker of Tim’s gave us this huge tub of animal toys for the kids to play with. One look at this full to the top tub I glared at Tim for bringing MORE toys into the house. It actually has worked out really nicely though as the tub is an “outside” tub meaning it NEVER makes it’s way to the inside. This keeps the kids interest in the toys as it is more of a treat then a normal everyday activity.

Then I turned Pandora on the ipad and we listened to Disney All. Day. Long! The kids enjoyed dancing to the music and guessing what movie the song is from. We finished our outdoor day with s’mores and some playroom coloring.

All in all the day was a success. Now, I just need to come up with a summer full of these ideas!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This all leads up to my annual summer fun list (2010 here). These are my goals for the summer. I’m not sure we will hit everything up but it is something to aim for. So here we go…

o Planting flowers

o Sea World / Zoo

Trip to Santa Cruz

o Library

o Wash the car

o Museum

o Drive in movie

Living room campout

Start on baby’s room

o Fair

o Park picnic

o Ice cream truck

o Movie party

I have some more things but for now I am thinking this is more then enough to get us started. It’s hard here where we live, as summer is not very long. We only have about a month of summer until kids are back in school and then before no time little baby farmer will arrive. I am committed to make the most of the summer we do have though!

No comments: