Monday, November 16, 2009

Like sand through the hourglass..


Here's the deal. It's been a long week. As an update, mom didn't get out of the hospital yet. She had some minor setbacks but if all goes well the doctor said she can come home on wednesday.
After getting home from the hospital today I just wanted a distraction. Then, on my TiVo was Days of our lives. If you know me you know I have a bit of a bad addiction with soaps. I watch like 3. I know, I'm not proud of this. I started watching DOOL when I was about 6 years old. My grandma would babysit me and everyday at 2pm we would sit down and watch "our program" as grandma would say it. Now, I know what you are thinking.... yep grandpa watched it too.
Today I was extra excited to watch the show. I have had to sit through ANOTHER baby snatching storyline since JANUARY! These story-lines take WAY to LONG. Today though, the payoff. Sami found out Sydney was hers AND she confronted Nicole about it. During this 45ish minute program I laughed and was so into my soap. I didn't think about the hospital, or the kids fighting with each other, or work drama. Nope, in this moment I was so happy for Sami. I can't wait for EJ to find out next (I really hope they get back together, sorry Rafe).

I know every one of you are rolling your eyes at me right now. But we all have these vices. Things trivial that just get us through. Takes our minds off of ,well, life! Don't we all need an escape sometimes? For some of us it's shopping, others it's golf, reading, movies, video games. As much grief as I get from everyone for watching soaps, today it was just what I needed.

What is going to get me through tomorrow? You guessed it, Biggest Loser!

No comments: