Thursday, November 18, 2010

Refining life

Ryan was playing on my computer yesterday and it's kind of acting weird today. Weird like it wont let me place an order at JCPenney.com. So so sad. Anyhow, I am so excited the carpet is coming in today. This is the last piece of the puzzle before all the big stuff is done and I can rest for a while (until I decide my walls are too bare and start working on that).

I was blessed to be a part of making a shoe box with my church life group this week for Operation Christmas Child. We all hung out and put together some boxes for kids that are in need this Christmas and we were able to involve our kids in the process. The study this week was passing our faith on to our kids, I couldn't think of a better way to live the gospel with our kids. I love our life group.





Tim is in real danger of loosing his job in January. We have some potential options but it's all still nerve racking. Honestly though, I feel that God has been refining us lately for this moment. He has been stirring both mine and Tim's heart for change. I have to admit though I am having a bit of a change overload. We are reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and it has changed our lives. It is challenging us to be better, do better. Stop being luke warm and get on fire for Christ. It is a highly recommended read for the Christian that longs for more, and to be challenged.




































Lastly, Who is not in love with the song Awakening by Chris Tomlin? My heart weeps when I hear this song!





No comments: