Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Food Revolution

So, this past Sunday Tim and I sat down to watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I don't think I have ever yelled at my TV as much as I did that night.

This show is about Jamie Oliver a cook from the U.K. trying to change an elementary school's menu to healthier food. For some reason the lunch ladies (sorry, "cooks", they didn't like the term lunch lady yet they didn't seem to cook much) had very much resistance to Jamie's new menu. Really? These kids are eating pizza for breakfast!

As most of you know, I am NOT a health nut. With that said we try to make good choices especially when it comes to what the kids eat. I want them to have the best start. The ability to make proper choices. I want them liking healthy food! Now, I am not saying that we always succeed at this but we try. I am not sure why people would oppose but these ladies do. Isn't is common knowledge that fresh food is better for you then processed? Such a frustrating show! With that said, I think EVERYONE should watch it! Hopefully people will get as fired up as I did.

No comments: