Tuesday, May 29, 2007

becoming a runner


I HATE running!! With that said I am training to be a runner. I have searched to find the best plan of attack. I started yesterday with a walk/run. This is going to be very difficult. Someone told me that they could get me running 10 miles in 3 months. I laughed at that person (sorry Harry!) Then I started to think, why can't I do it. I used to be the person to work hard to achieve my goals but for some reason running has always been something unattainable. I keep telling Tim I was not made to run. I love swimming but it's not as convenient.

So here I go. Off and running... wish me luck!

2 comments:

bobby said...

Go for it Mego! You can do it. In fact, why stop with 10 miles? That's great for 3 months, but in a year, I wanna see you runnin your first marathon. Now that's a goal! Shoot for that.

Linda said...

Good girl. You can do it. I know what you mean about not being made for running, neither can I, but I try. Sometimes on my treadmill I jog 2 minutes, and run 1 minute. I have faith in you....you can do whatever you set your mind to, you just have to push yourself!

Love ya
Aunt Linda